2015 Trail Run Challenge
Ready, Set, Go – The Park District will hold a six race trail series in Your Parks. We challenge you to step outdoors and onto the trail as part of your healthy lifestyle. Whether you walk or run, you will be choosing a path to better health. All ages and abilities are welcome!
Don't have the right gear? Don't worry, Up & Running Fitness and Apparel has it all including in-stock trail shoes. Visit them today to get properly fitted, you'll be glad you did!
All races are 5k with start time promptly at 9 a.m. and registration at 8 a.m. Timing will provided by Alliance Running. Pre-packet pick-up will be available at Up & Running in Troy on the Saturday before each race from 3 - 5 p.m. Click on the Parks below to view an aerial map of the race course.
Hobart Urban Nature Preserve - April 26
Maple Ridge Reserve - June 14
Garbry Big Woods Reserve - July 12
Stillwater Prairie Reserve - August 9
Charleston Falls Preserve - September 20
Lost Creek Reserve - October 11
*Click on each location for an aerial view of the course*
Registration & Entry Fees
Preregistration: $20* each race, includes a t-shirt or $15* each race without a t-shirt, see preregistration deadlines below
Hobart - April 17
Maple Ridge - June 5
Garbry - July 3
Stillwater - July 31
Charleston - September 11
Lost Creek - October 2
Late and Day of Registration: $25 each race (t-shirt NOT included)
Series Registration: $90 for all 6 races (must register by April 17, includes each race t-shirt). If you preregister for the series AND compete in each race you will receive a long-sleeve tech shirt.
*Students & Individuals on teams of 10 or more: Receive a $5 discount if you register early. If you preregister by dates above cost equals $15 and include a t-shirt or $10 without a t-shirt. This discount does NOT apply to the series.
*All racers 4 & under are FREE unless they would like to receive a t-shirt, see preregistration dates above.
You can register online at alliancerunning.com
Print the registration form and mail with check payable to Miami County Park District at:
Miami County Park District
2645 East State Route 41
Troy, OH 45373
*No Refunds. Must register by deadline and be present to receive t-shirt. Check in begins one hour prior to race. Early packet pickup at the Troy Up and Running store from 3-5 p.m. the day prior to race. Only one rain date scheduled. Any other canceled race will not be made up.
Sign up your group for the 2015 Trail Run Team Challenge. This is a great way to encourage members to get fit and get outside. This challenge is based on how many total individuals attend the series of races. Remember you don’t have to be a runner to participate - walkers are welcome!
How Do I Register a Team?
Follow these steps to register your team:
1. Decide on a team captain/contact person
2. Gather your friends and co-workers
3. Decide on a team name
4. Register for races or series
5. Email team name, team captain, contact information and approximate number of participants to Jessie Chernetski at firstname.lastname@example.org
The team with the most participates at the end of the series (6 races) wins! If you get 10 or more members to sign up you receive a $5 discount per individual per race, see details above. For more information check out the Team Challenge flyer.
- The runs take place rain or shine. If there are any concerns regarding race cancellation please check MiamiCountyParks.com home page. We will also post this information on our Facebook page, Miami County Park District and on our Twitter account, miamicoparks.
- The age categories are as followed: 12 & under, 13 - 17, 18 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 - 69, 70 & up
- The top three in an age category will be awarded a "medal" (may not be your typical coin medal but will still mark your achievement)
- For questions/comments please contact Jessie Chernetski at (937) 335-6273 or email@example.com.
Click on the links below to see where you placed. Congratulations to all!
This event would not be possible without the support from our many sponsors. Thank You!